Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 1: Slim in 6

Got up today and said lets pick an exercise program and do it. So since Ive done it before I picked Slim in 6, week 1, Start it up.
I have her set on tape. I mean the old fashion VCR tape. I bought this program probably about
a year after it came out. LONG time ago. Ive started it now and then but never got past week 4 I believe. I know it will be a good way to get my body moving and just get started. So maybe I will stick with this for a week.

Man I remember why I don't like to do cardio. I get light headed so easy trying to breath with the moves. I have asthma so I'm used to breathing a certain way. Going to have to get out of that habit. Normally I breath long and slow if I get in a rush. Certain pattern depending on what I'm doing. When doing weights though and having to inhale and exhale with EVERY move is different. It helps to breath that way but I'm not used to breathing that fast. Sure I will get the hang of it fast.

My body didn't do to bad. I was actually surprised that I lasted through the whole thing. True I had to take breaks for water, or walk in place as I caught my breath, or did a different move to help with a muscle spasm. I didn't do full force since I wanted to do every minute of it. Okay I admit I fast forwarded on half of the squat part. My right leg by then just was NOT having it. Due to an ankle injury years ago my muscle balance between the legs is way off. Because of the ankle pain I have switched to squatting down by always taking to the right knee, never letting my left knee pass my ankle. And always using my left leg to get up so that thigh has all the power.

I had to put a towel under my knees when I had to be on them. Helped! My hands did not like the downward facing dog at all. I'm sure with time that will get better. I am keeping an eye out for hands swelling but so far they aren't that bad. Just a little stiff. Background: Last year at this time I could not make a fist with either hand. I could almost touch my fingers to my palm. I do believe I was still walking down the stairs BACKWARDS because of knee problems. I could maybe bend my knees so that they were almost to 90 degrees. You have no clue how great have it is to be able to do child's pose and almost have my butt touch my heels. I get a huge smile thinking about it! Have to be careful not to push that because I do know I can go backwards in the healing process.

Oh I was beet red when I was done! But I was smiling and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment